SUMMARY: The general mission of the position is to work with participants enrolled in the MVI Workforce and Business Development Program to assist them in finding and retaining employment; and also providing these participants with basic financial education services, referrals for basic needs and other income support services to assist them in achieving financial stability and/or increasing net income.
Annual Salary Range: $30,000-$40,000
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Enroll and process assigned participants in to the MVI Workforce Development Program.
• Develop understanding of employment-related strengths and weaknesses (barriers) of participants to determine course of action to assist in placing the participant into employment.
• Provide case management of those enrolled in workforce development program to include all participant contact leading to attainment of desired program outcomes.
• Provide financial education services to MVI-enrolled participants including: budgeting, obtaining credit reports, assisting with a credit repair plan, financial coaching/planning, financial goal setting and effective follow up services.
• Collect relevant program participant data and accurately enter it into MVI’s Salesforce data management system as well as other data tracking systems as required by program funding.
• Provide career development services in the Homestead office and off-site Mon Valley locations as may be assigned.
• Assist in coordinating and facilitating MVI Job Club meetings.
• Develop an understanding of grant/funding obligations and the role of each team member in meeting these obligations.
• Assist in defining objectives for the Workforce and Business Development program.
• Assist in the implementation of program strategies.
• Willingness to participate in evening meetings, assignments and/or events.
• Strong communication as well as follow-up skills.
• Other duties as assigned by the management of Workforce and Business Development program.
• Must have a strong case management background.
• Must have strong organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well with persons of diverse backgrounds.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Demonstrated problem solver.
• Results driven, goal oriented.
• Willingness to travel locally and/or regionally throughout the mid-Mon Valley.
• Willingness to maintain a flexible schedule, working some evenings and weekends to provide services, as well as attend other events.
• Team player who demonstrates positive, cooperative work style with other Team members.
• Self-starter & independent worker.
• Organized and supportive.
• Strives to develop new skills while maintaining present skills.
• Shares information and encourages learning among others.
• Enthusiasm, innovation, optimism, persistence, patience and pragmatism.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• College degree and/or significant experience in the field of human services, social work or workforce development.
• Background in financial related services is a plus.
• Significant case management experience.
• Significant experience in working with individuals facing barriers to self-sufficiency.
• Experience with volunteer organizations and/or community-based organizations.
• Experience that indicates an ability and willingness to work on behalf of others.
The physical demands prescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position includes frequent standing, walking, verbal communications, including telephone contact, and travel between facilities.
Please note that MVI offers a competitive compensation package. However, medical insurance is not offered through our organization.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to:
Mon Valley Initiative
Attn.: Employment & Financial Coach Position
305 East 8th Avenue
Homestead PA 15120
Or email to: email@example.com
No phone calls please! Applications will be taken until the position is filled.
Mon Valley Initiative is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.