Why rent when you can own? If you buy a house in Charleroi Borough, you may be eligible for up to $10,000 in down payment and closing cost assistance.
This opportunity is available until all funds are committed. Buyers must intend to make the home they are purchasing their primary residence.
These funds are available for a limited time. Once they’re gone, they’re gone!
Update: We have already helped one new homeowner and another is on their way — but funds are limited. Please apply as soon as possible!
- All applicants will be evaluated for eligibility and awarded funds based on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Funding through this program cannot exceed 50 percent of the total cost of the transaction.
- Buyers must pre-qualify for a mortgage. (Mortgage counseling is available through Mon Valley Initiative.)
- Buyers must complete pre-purchase Homebuyer Education offered by Mon Valley Initiative.
- House to be purchased must be located within Charleroi Borough and must pass an independent code inspection provided by Mon Valley Initiative.
Documentation must be provided by the applicant for income verification. All buyers must meet income guidelines based on HUD’s income limits for 80 percent of the Area Median Income (AMI):
|Family Size||80% AMI|
For more information, contact Jonathan Weaver, housing counselor, at 724-565-8040, extension 4008, or email him at email@example.com.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with Jonathan to discuss homebuying opportunities in Charleroi or anywhere in the Mon Valley, you may also fill out our online intake form.