MVI’s Regional Development Committee is a critical resource. It greatly enhances Mon Valley Initiative’s organizational capacity to make improvements in the communities we serve — particularly for housing redevelopment. It also promotes smart investments and forward planning in our service area.
The RDC is responsbile for prioritizing housing, commercial real estate, business development and planning projects. The committee hears and offers opinions on various development proposals, and evaluates the risks, benefits and feasibility of each project. It then makes recommendations to MVI’s staff and board of directors for possible approval and implementation.
In addition, the RDC provides general guidance to staff on community and real estate development matters in the communities served by MVI. It also serves as a catalyst to bring the most up-to-date recommendations and best practices for redevelopment efforts into our municipalities, as well as to our board of directors.
- Dale Bizub, Turtle Creek Development Corp.
- Barata Bey, Huntington Bank
- Mark Bowers, Downtown West Newton Inc.
- Alix Garlitz, Greater Charleroi Community Development Corp.
- Alyssa Kail, Braddock Economic Development Corp.
- Mary Carol Kennedy, East Pittsburgh Economic Development Corp.
- Dan Norman, Rankin Community Development Corp.
- Nick Ryan, XPOGO LLC
- Matt Shorraw, Mayor of Monessen
- Nicole Tichon, Steel Valley Authority
- Richard Wallace, MVI Board of Directors