Full job description:
Non-Exempt, 24 hours per week
Assist in supporting MVI’s financial and programmatic functions in a manner that enhances the organization’s accountability, transparency, and reputation, and facilitates the attainment of the organization’s objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Provide high level of support to MVI’s program functions from an accounting, finance and compliance standpoint.
• Perform typical Accounts Payable functions (e.g., review invoices, issue checks).
• Perform typical Accounts Receivable functions (e.g., submit invoices, record and monitor receivables).
• Assist in contract compliance and financial reviews of real estate development project files.
• Assume ownership of certain General Ledger accounts, including those related to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
• Assist CFO in gathering and organizing financial information prior to and during independent audits.
• Perform Payroll-related functions as required.
• Assist in maintaining the financial accounts and records of the organization.
Housing Counseling related:
• Review of grant invoicing and reimbursement requests for completeness and accuracy.
• Maintenance of spreadsheets and records to manage grant receipts and disbursements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the preparation of monthly reports summarizing MVI’s financial activity.
• Assist in the management of loan portfolios, including billing, posting of payments, monitoring of performance, preparation of loan reports, collection of delinquent accounts, and performance of customer service functions.
• Assist with the tracking of insurance coverage for MVI and the organization’s real estate development properties as requested.
• Monitor vendor activity, ensuring that the proper paperwork is on file for each vendor (e.g. contract agreements, insurance certificates and W9 forms).
• Gather quotes from suppliers, make recommendations regarding purchases, and identify and propose cost reduction opportunities.
• Assist with periodic reporting for grant proposals and progress reports.
• Team player who demonstrates positive and cooperative work style.
• Self-motivated problem-solver who demonstrates strong initiative.
• Ability to exercise sound business judgment, and perform without close supervision.
• Strong customer service ethic for both external clients and internal partners.
• Intellectually curious; strives to develop new skills and deeper levels of understanding.
• Good interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with people of various backgrounds, abilities and interests.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work, perform duties with accuracy, and meet deadlines.
• Shares information and encourages learning among others.
• Ability to recognize and handle confidential information appropriately.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• College degree in accounting or business.
• Relevant non-profit organization experience, with emphasis on accounting, finance, and contract compliance.
• Working knowledge of accounting software (preferably Sage or QuickBooks), Excel and Word.
• Working knowledge of accounting principles.
• Successful experience in a fast-paced, high-performance team environment.
• Internal audit experience (e.g., contract compliance, internal controls, accounting practices) is desirable.
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends
• Full-time access to a vehicle
• Valid driver’s license
• Appropriate car insurance
• Position includes frequent standing, walking, verbal communications, including telephone contact, and travel between facilities.*