Mon Valley Initiative seeks an Intake Coordinator/Administrative Assistant for its Workforce Development & Financial Coaching Program.
Position is a hybrid position with in-office days in the Charleroi office.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and 2 writing samples to:
Mon Valley Initiative
305 E. 8th Ave.
Homestead, PA 15120
Please, no phone calls or Facebook messages.
Mon Valley Initiative seeks a well-organized person with a positive, outgoing personality to serve as intake coordinator and administrative assistant for its Workforce Development and Financial Coaching program. The person will work closely with our employment and financial coaches and other members of the MVI team to welcome visitors, both over the phone and in person. They will assist with communications and outreach via email, text messages and other methods, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter and track data for the Workforce Development & Financial Coaching program in Salesforce database system
- Run reports and track data as requested.
- Ensure that documents and records for the Workforce Development & Financial Coaching program are properly prepared, organized and maintained.
- Develop an understanding of grant/funding obligations and the role of each team member in meeting these obligations.
- Work in partnership with other Workforce Development & Financial Coaching program staff with a supportive, positive attitude to accomplish individual and program goals, which include:
- Assist program staff in making client follow-up/reminder calls/SMS/Text messaging tracking results as needed.
- Assist staff members who are hosting meetings/events in the office with set-up & clean-up.
- Perform copying, faxing, and similar basic administrative tasks.
- Answer the phone and direct calls for the MVI organization.
- Welcome visitors to the MVI Charleroi office; determine their purpose; connect/direct them to the appropriate staff or meeting location.
- Ensure that Workforce clients sign in properly.
- Be well-informed about each of MVI’s program areas in order to be able to properly respond to any inquiries regarding these programs.
- Assist with mail mergers, mass texting, and other program communications, as directed.
- Take the lead in supporting MVI staff who are hosting meetings/events in the office with set up/clean-up.
- Be thoroughly aware of all scheduled meetings and events being hosted in the MVI offices in order to be able to properly respond to any inquiries regarding these activities.
- Keep the public areas of the MVI offices in excellent condition, neat and well-stocked with supplies.
- Receive mail and distribute. Assist with mass/bulk mailings as needed.
- Perform copying, faxing, and similar basic administrative tasks as needed by program.
- Build and/or maintain cordial relationships with MVI Board, staff, clients, community and regional partners as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well with diverse teammates, external partners, vendors and clients.
- Strong business writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to recognize confidential information and maintain its confidentiality.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, copiers, and facsimile machines.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Team player who demonstrates positive, cooperative work style with other Team members.
- Organized, self-motivating, creative, and supportive.
- Strives to develop new skills while maintaining present skills.
- Shares information and encourages learning among others.
- Enthusiasm, innovation, optimism, persistence, patience and pragmatism.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Related degree or comparable work experience.
- Proficient in computer software applications including MS Office software package (primarily Word and Outlook).
- Proficient in performing data entry and working with CRM systems; working knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Experience in community development and related fields, preferably with small for-profit or grassroots non-profit organizations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Willingness to work standard business hours that may include the occasional need for flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Access to reliable transportation
- Position includes frequent standing, walking, verbal communications, including telephone contact, and travel between facilities. (The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation that does not present an undue hardship to MVI may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.)
Mon Valley Initiative is an equal-opportunity employer.