Mon Valley Initiative seeks technicians to help maintain our portfolio of quality affordable apartments.
Skills: Some carpentry, painting, plastering; minor electrical and plumbing; basic maintenance on HVAC, roofs, gutters, windows. Technicians respond to requests from tenants, perform scheduled and emergency tasks, prepare units for new move-ins.
Must be willing to travel throughout Mon Valley (Homestead to Monessen) and have full-time access to a reliable vehicle. Excellent communication and customer service skills essential.
To apply, send a resume to:
Mon Valley Initiative
305 E. 8th Ave.
Homestead, PA 15120
Please, no phone calls or Facebook messages.
Maintenance Technician will be responsible, under the direction of the Senior Construction Manager, for the overall maintenance of rental properties owned by Mon Valley Initiative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Painting, appliance installation/hook-up, basic plumbing repairs (faucet, toilet), garbage/trash management, caulking/trim/grout, wall repair, deck repair, light fixture/GFI installation, door hanging, simple rubber membrane roof repair, changing locks, basic masonry/concrete work, boarding up windows, lawn care, and basic preventative maintenance
- Conduct routine maintenance inspections and troubleshoot problems
- Perform both scheduled and emergency maintenance that generally take place weekdays from 9:00am-5:00pm
- Perform regular monitoring and cleanup of grounds
- Provide excellent customer service to tenants
- Prepare units for new move-ins
- Communicate inventory usage and needs to office staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of HVAC systems preferred
- Knowledge of vinyl plank flooring installation preferred
- Carpentry skills preferred
- Comfortable with heights and climbing ladders (generally no more than two or three stories)
- Ability to maintain a professional and courteous manner with tenants, visitors, contractors, and fellow employees
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to effectively utilize technology required for the position
- Ability to problem-solve
- Strive to develop new skills while maintaining present skills
- Effective time management skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Experience in maintenance and home repairs preferred; trade-school training or certification in HVAC, electrical, plumbing and related fields encouraged.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Mon Valley (Homestead to Monessen)
- Full-time access to a reliable vehicle (truck preferred)
- Valid driver’s license
- Appropriate vehicle insurance
- Must attend Fair Housing training
- Position includes frequent standing, including climbing stairs; walking; verbal communications, including telephone contact; and travel between facilities.
Mon Valley Initiative is an equal-opportunity employer.