- This event has passed.
NB CARES Meeting
July 27, 2015 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
What is North Braddock Cares?
North Braddock Cares is a community development corporation consisting of citizens, public officials, and business owners who are working to revitalize North Braddock.
North Braddock Cares (NBC) knows that people are the strength of any community and encourages everyone to get involved. NBC’s monthly meetings provide an open environment for members to discuss opportunities and challenges facing the area to harness the energy needed to bring about positive change.
What does North Braddock Cares do?
North Braddock Cares builds community through events, programs and education. Some of the past successes include:
- Securing doors and windows of over 100 abandoned or unsafe properties, in partnership with the North Braddock Fire Department and North Braddock Borough
- Sponsoring community events, such as the Fall Festival, Holiday Party and National Night Out
- Hosting volunteers from Slippery Rock twice a year to complete community service project, in collaboration with North Braddock Fire Dept and Braddock Carnegie Library
- Partnering with the Mon Valley Initiative to complete 16 new houses and 2 rehab houses as part of the comprehensive housing development, Braddock’s Field
- Working through Neighborhood Watch, to educate the community about safety and host events with local safety professionals
North Braddock Cares is always looking for interested North Braddock community members to join! Please contact Bethany Bloise at bbloise at monvalleyinitiative dot com or 412-464-4000 x.4031 for more information, or visit us on the last Monday of every month at 7:00 pm at the Borough Building, 600 Anderson.