July 25, 2017
We hope you’re having a great summer! Even though summer is often a time to relax and slow down a bit, your MVI staff and volunteers remain hard at work.
Over the past few months, your friends at MVI have:
- Completed work at Eisenberg’s Apartments, a 13-unit building in Monessen;
- Nearly completed work at the Social Club Apartments, a mixed-use building in East Pittsburgh;
- Added a new restaurant tenant, Brassero Grill, to the Braddock Free Press Buildings;
- Provided housing counseling services to more than 200 people and helped more than 50 people to purchase homes;
- Counseled 100 people who needed to find new or better work and helped more than 70 people obtain jobs.
And there are more exciting things on the horizon, including the start of construction on Braddock Civic Plaza, a significant park in the heart of the borough; and also the final phase of work at Meadow Park in Charleroi.
But we’re doing all of these things with an increasingly tight budget. The grants we receive are often focused on very specific items and do not cover the full cost of delivering our programs.
This means that we rely on flexible support through donations from people like you to keep our doors open and our programs functional.
Between now and Aug. 31, 2017, we are conducting a special mid-year fundraising campaign.
If you’re able, please consider making a gift of $10, $25, $50, $100 or more, by mailing a check to Mon Valley Initiative, 305 E. 8th Ave., Homestead, PA 15120, or by donating online, securely, using PayPal.
Every penny we raise will go directly into the work we do in our Mon Valley communities. (Your gift may be tax-deductible; consult a tax professional for information.)
Have a safe and enjoyable summer, and please keep in touch!
Dale J. Bizub
Chair, MVI Board of Directors
Laura R. Zinski