Hiring: Maintenance Technician
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the overall maintenance of rental properties owned by Mon Valley Initiative. The salary range for this role is $17/hour to $23/hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Painting, appliance installation/hook-up, basic plumbing repairs (faucet, toilet), garbage/trash management, caulking/trim/grout, wall repair, deck repair, light fixture/GFI installation, door hanging, simple rubber membrane roof repair, changing locks, basic masonry/concrete work, boarding up windows, lawn care, and basic preventative maintenance (including, but not limited to, common area maintenance and clean up)
- Conduct routine maintenance inspections and troubleshoot problems
- Perform both scheduled and emergency maintenance during regular business hours
- Perform regular monitoring and cleanup of grounds
- Provide excellent customer service to tenants
- Prepare units for new move-ins
- As assigned, assist with third-party contracted preventative maintenance on all rental properties
- Communicate inventory usage and needs to office staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of HVAC systems preferred
- Knowledge of vinyl plank flooring installation preferred
- Carpentry skills preferred
- Comfortable with heights and climbing ladders (generally no more than two or three stories)
- Ability to maintain a professional and courteous manner with tenants, visitors, contractors, and fellow employees
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to effectively utilize technology required for the position
- Ability to problem-solve
- Strive to develop new skills while maintaining present skills
- Effective time management skills
- Related degree or comparable experience.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including turns “on-call” evening/weekends
- Willingness to travel throughout the Mon Valley (Homestead to Charleroi)
- Full-time access to a reliable vehicle (truck preferred) and willingness to transport items in vehicle
- Valid driver’s license and appropriate vehicle insurance
- Must attend Fair Housing training
- Position includes frequent standing, walking, verbal communications, including telephone contact, and travel between facilities*
Send your resume to Tricia Forsythe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305 E. 8th Ave., Homestead, PA 15120.
*The physical demands prescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.