Hiring: Real Estate Portfolio Property Manager
POSITION TITLE: Real Estate Portfolio Property Manager
DEPARTMENT: Real Estate & Community Development
SUPERVISOR: Chief Executive Officer
Current Annual Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000
- To implement Mon Valley Initiative’s regional housing and commercial development strategy through excellent property management.
- To support MVI’s mission to benefit to low-to-moderate income residents and local small businesses with quality real estate options.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies, negotiating and enforcing leases, in compliance with various regulations applicable to the properties (ex: LIHTC, HOME, CBDG).
- Establishes market rental rate by surveying local rental rates and calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
- Determines subsidized rental rates using annual HUD and related data, including seeking annual rent increases as permitted.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and services, and showing units.
- Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases and collecting security deposit.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents, paying bills, forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, including issuing lease violations and related documentation as appropriate.
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators and following notification and enforcement procedures through and including eviction if necessary.
- Conducting inspection of units according to annual schedules and informing MVI maintenance service team of issues/needed repairs.
- Works closely with MVI maintenance service team on maintaining and securing premises, including ensuring that contracted third-party vendor tasks are completed with tenant notification as may be required (pest treatments, landscaping, snow removal services).
- Secures property by reviewing data collected by security devices, establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures, and responding to emergencies.
- Works with MVI service program team to connect tenants with requested services that will enable them to meet the lease requirements.
- Conducts all management activities according to the Fair Housing Act and other related non-discrimination practices.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Assist the coordination and implementation of volunteer work days at various properties in MVI’s real estate portfolio.
- Participate in MVI team meetings and organizational events as assigned.
- Complete a written review of job accomplishments and goals annually in conjunction with supervisor’s input and evaluation.
- Motivation for leasing/marketing
- Negotiation skills
- Familiarity with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations, particularly with relevant funding requirements (LIHTC, HOME, CDBG) related to property management
- Highly organized and attention to detail, including proof-reading skills
- Basic math proficiency required
- Act 33/34 Clearances and Childline Clearance
- Participate in Fair Housing and other job-related trainings
- Working knowledge of database software (preferably Salesforce, Jobber) and office software –Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple tasks; solve problems/issues and meet deadlines
- Able to handle emergency situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well to a wide variety of people, local stakeholders, contractors, staff, etc.
- Strong and demonstrated leadership skills, including active listening and treating everyone in an equitable, unbiased manner
- Team player who demonstrates positive, cooperative work style with all MVI colleagues
- Strive to develop new skills while maintaining present skills
- Share information and encourage learning among others
- Enthusiasm, innovation, optimism, persistence, patience and pragmatism
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in property management, with a preference for experience in management of subsidized housing
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) Designation preferred; experience with Housing Choice Voucher program and Low-Income Housing Tax credits preferred
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends
- Full-time access to a vehicle, valid driver’s license, and appropriate car insurance
- Position includes frequent standing, walking, verbal communications, including telephone contact, and travel between facilities.*
Send your resume and a cover letter to Tricia Forsythe at email@example.com or 305 E. 8th Ave., Homestead, PA 15120.
*The physical demands prescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.